Thursday, November 5, 2009

Miracle at McDonald's

So I am rushing all over town on my luch break to get snacks and such for the big drive tomorrow. I had a real hankering for an ice coffee from McDonald's. (which isn't that bad if made well) So, I take a little detour downtown and stop in at the McDonald's on Govt Blvd. Granted I have not been to this particular McD's since I lived in midtown many years ago. That being said, I had no idea what kind of service I would get. Instead of wasting gas in the hella long drive-thru line, I park Daniel's Subaru and hesitantly walk in. The parking lot was way packed, but I've rather save gas. I get in line with all the others, which was about 12 people, and waited. I could hear everyone making their orders and the check out girls voice never sounded upset or rude...she actually sounded happy. Let me tell you, I have to give props to this woman...she took 12 orders in less than 10 minutes with a smile on her face and a "hello, how may I help you" to every single person that was in line. So I will have to take back what I had written before about how awful McDonald's can be just because of her. There are some people that really do like their jobs, or at least pretend to very well. Thank you so much nice counter lady at McDonald's for making me change my mind, even if only for a moment, about how people in the service industry treat their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment